Strategic Interim Executive Leadership for Nonprofit Organizations in Transition
Third Sector Company offers a comprehensive approach to interim executive and transition support services to serve community causes.
Too many organizations rush to fill a top position without discussing the strategic benefits of an experienced interim executive director.
Before starting an extensive and diligent executive search process, we recommend considering how a professional transition leader can ensure that staff and volunteers continue to deliver your cause to the community.
Our pool of interim executive professionals are trained and vetted through the Interim Executives Academy and can provide:
- Immediate availability
- An independent perspective
- Ample time to make the right permanent hire
- Specialized skills to meet unique current needs
- A methodical transition management process
Tell us about your organization! We will share how our transition services can help support you in continuing your purpose in the community.
For More Information
Interim Executive Placement and Support
We connect trained, vetted, and highly-experienced nonprofit leaders to work as transformational nonprofit interim executive directors in organizations with an executive vacancy, whether planned or unplanned. Each interim executive provides a series of protocols and deliverables to prepare the next permanent leader to succeed and ensures that the organization thrives during a transition.
Interim Executives Training
The Interim Executives Academy provides rigorous training and mentoring for nonprofit leaders to serve causes and communities in short-term, senior-level engagements. The eight-week immersion experience includes lectures, cameo presenters and roundtable discussions. Learn how to transform nonprofit organizations in a short time and grow a career as an interim executive leader.
Jarrett R. Ransom#NonprofitNerd, President & CEO The Rayvan Group, Interim Executives Academy Graduate 2020
“I am honored to have earned my certificate from the Interim Executives Academy. The resources and knowledge about strategic processes and interim management tools will help me to better serve my community and clients in my professional consulting practice. Anyone who has a desire to serve their community through a transitional leadership role should undoubtedly invest their time and money with the Academy.“
Jerry DiazCFRE, Interim Executives Academy Graduate 2020
“What a week of growth and learning! The Academy provided the tools and roadmap to apply prescribed methodologies, management tools and leadership strategies requisite for the successful practice of professional transitional leadership for nonprofit organizations, associations, and congregations. As a professional consultant, I’m committed to providing the best service to our community. I am now certified in this special and unique service. Thank you!”
A Third Sector Company Interim provides nonprofit organizations with a series of protocols and deliverables to ensure a successful engagment:
- Experienced and vetted leadership for day-to-day operations of their nonprofit enterprise;
- A thorough organizational assessment from which short-term work plans are developed, implemented and monitored in 90-day increments;
- Development of a nonprofit dashboard;
- Completion of a thorough organizational inventory;
- Adoption of succession planning policies that will affect all future transitions in the organization;
- Revision of the executive job description to reflect current and future organizational demands from the position;
- Support to assist decision-makers to make the best selection of the permanent candidate; and
- Access to on-going training, team consultation and specialty consulting, and additional resources offered by Third Sector Company professional interim