Preparing the Next Generation of Nonprofit Leaders for Strategic Governance of Mission-Based Organizations
The Board Chairs Academy series provides an interactive classroom learning experience for board chairs, board leaders and executive directors to work as a team in a cohort learning environment. For an in-depth description of the academy format, testimonials from past attendees, and details of each weekly session, please visit our Board Chairs Academy page.
The Olympia Academy 2018 – 2019
In partnership with the United Way of Thurston County
The Olympia Board Chairs Academy will be presented in a series of six sessions, on Thursday afternoons, between October 2018 and March 2019. A certificate of completion is presented to those who attend five or more sessions. For more information please see our Fact Sheet.
- October 11, 2018 – Board Governance: Practicing the Art of Nonprofit Leadership
- November 15, 2018 – Board Development: Evolving a Board to Its Potential
- December 6, 2018 – Resource Development: Building Community Equity for Sustainable Community Impact
- January 10, 2019 – Leadership Succession Planning: Assuring a Continuity of Leadership to Advance the Cause
- February 14, 2019 – Board & Executive Relations: Leveraging a Partnership for Community Results
- March 7, 2019 – The Strategic Board: Fostering Innovation to Advance the Cause
- 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm
- All Sessions are held at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church – 1515 Harrison Ave NW, Olympia, WA 98502
|For New Customers||For Returning Customers|
|Up to Three Representatives at Each Session||$2100||$1800|
|Up to Six Representatives at Each Session||$2500||$2100|
|Individual Sessions per Individual||$180||$150|
To sign up, fill out our online registration form, or contact Third Sector Company at (206) 799-1942.