Supporting Your Nonprofit Organization to Make a Great Executive Hire
At the heart and soul of your organization lies those who give their time and effort toward making it a success. That’s why it’s crucial your volunteers are made a part of your leadership and executive search. When the time comes to make a change or locate the future leader of your nonprofit, Third Sector Company can help.
With expert insight and extensive experience in sourcing nonprofit leadership, Third Sector Company can support volunteer search committees and/or current leadership in times of change, to support nonprofit organizations in making their hiring process as efficient as possible, resulting in the highest likelihood of a successful hire. Whether it’s an outside search or an internal hire, equipping your board with the tools they need to feel engaged and active in the selection process is a vital component of any leadership change, and will serve to help unify the organization’s leaders.
Check out the leadership searches that are open now on our Current Searches page.
Specializing in searches for:
- Executive Director/CEO
- Development Director/Chief Development Officer
- Associate Director/Chief Operating Officer
Our typical nonprofit leadership search is a price-sensitive alternative to other search choices and includes the Third Sector Company providing the following to teams searching for their next leader:
- A search committee training to review the search process from start to finish with estimated timelines
- Coaching to the board of directors to eventually result in a comprehensive, board-approved search, selection and onboarding process
- A facilitated organizational assessment process that identifies a clear and concise view of the organization’s goals and organizational needs for the next two to three years, and includes an assessment of the culture of governance that the new leader will inherit, along with suggestions for improvement
- Drafting a new job description based on the assessment results
- Creating an enticing job announcement and placement in key locations, receiving applications as an independent third-party, and conducting a prescreen of applicants based on approved scoring criteria
- Arranging meeting logistics and communications between the organization and candidates
- Facilitation of two rounds of interviews, culminating in a selected candidate that fits the culture and situation facing your organization for the next few years as identified in the assessment
- Handling contacts and negotiations between both parties to ensure the needs of each are met to the highest degree of satisfaction
- Coaching and support to a transition committee responsible for communications and activities related to the hiring and onboarding of the new executive
- All of our executive search clients receive a comprehensive 110-page volunteer search process manual including an interview guide, committee proceedings, and executive transition tools
Our mission has always been and will continue to be to foster a community of professional and voluntary leadership for the future of the nonprofit sectors throughout the United States and Canada. If you’re an organization looking to make a change or hoping to ensure your leadership selection process goes smoothly, contact us today.
For More Information
We’re also happy to chat with you about our nonprofit leadership search services and how we can support your unique nonprofit organization. We have team members and affiliates located throughout the United States and Canada. Just contact the location nearest you to speak with one of our specialists.