Preparing the Next Generation of Nonprofit Leaders for Strategic Governance of Mission-Based Organizations
The Board Chairs Academy series provides an interactive classroom learning experience for board chairs, board leaders and executive directors to work as a team in a cohort learning environment. For an in-depth description of the academy format, testimonials from past attendees, and details of each weekly session, please visit our Board Chairs Academy page.
The Tacoma Academy 2016-2017
The Tacoma Board Chairs Academy will be presented in a series of six sessions, one per month, on Thursday mornings, between September 2017 and February 2018. A certificate of completion is presented to those who attend five or more sessions.
- September 14, 2017 – The Art of Nonprofit Leadership
- October 12, 2017 – The Science of Board Development
- November 9, 2017 – The Effective Fundraising Board
- December 7, 2017 – Fostering Leadership Continuity
- January 4, 2018 – Board and Management Relations
- February 1, 2017 – The Strategic Nonprofit & Its Board
- 8:30 am – 12:00 pm
- All Sessions are held at Goodwill – Milgard Work Opportunity Center, 714 S 27th St, Tacoma WA 98409
|For New Customers||For Returning Customers|
|Up to Three Representatives at Each Session||$1800||$1500|
|Up to Six Representatives at Each Session||$2100||$1800|
|Individual Sessions per Individual||$180||$150|