Preparing the Next Generation of Nonprofit Leaders for Strategic Governance of Mission-Based Organizations
The Board Chairs Academy series provides an interactive classroom learning experience for board chairs, board leaders and executive directors to work as a team in a cohort learning environment. For an in-depth description of the academy format, testimonials from past attendees, and details of each weekly session, please visit our Board Chairs Academy page.
The Olympia Academy 2016-2017
Presented in partnership with United Way of Thurston County
The Olympia Board Chairs Academy will be presented in a series of six sessions, one per month, on Thursday mornings, between September 2016 and February 2017. A certificate of completion is presented to those who attend five or more sessions.
- September 22, 2016 – The Art of Nonprofit Leadership
- October 13, 2016 – The Science of Board Development
- November 10, 2016 – Board Involvement in Fundraising
- December 8, 2016 – Fostering Leadership Continuity
- January 5, 2017 – Board and Management Relations
- February 2, 2017 – The Strategic Nonprofit & Its Board
- 8:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Session 1: United Churches of Olympia, 110 Eleventh Ave SE, Olympia, WA 98501
- Sessions 2-6: Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 1515 Harrison Avenue NW, Olympia, WA 98502
|For New Customers||For Returning Customers|
|Up to Three Representatives at Each Session||$1800||$1500|
|Up to Six Representatives at Each Session||$2100||$1800|
|Individual Sessions per Individual||$180||$150|
United Way is offering a limited number of partial scholarships for small Thurston County social, housing and family service
providers. Please email Jessica Bateman at email@example.com for more information.