Preparing the Next Generation of Nonprofit Leaders for Strategic Governance of Mission-Based Organizations
The Board Chairs Academy series provides an interactive classroom learning experience for board chairs, board leaders and executive directors to work as a team in a cohort learning environment. For an in-depth description of the academy format, testimonials from past attendees, and details of each weekly session, please visit our Board Chairs Academy page.
The Long Beach Academy 2016-2017
The Long Beach Board Chairs Academy will be presented in a series of six sessions, on Friday mornings, between September 2016 and March 2017. A certificate of completion is presented to those who attend five or more sessions.
- September 30, 2016 – The Art of Nonprofit Leadership
- October 28, 2016 – The Science of Board Development
- December 2, 2016 – Board Involvement in Fundraising
- January 13, 2017 – Fostering Leadership Continuity
- February 10, 2017 – Board and Management Relations
- March 17, 2017 – The Strategic Nonprofit & Its Board
- 8:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Petroleum Club – 3636 Linden Avenue, Long Beach, California 90807
|For New Customers||For Returning Customers|
|Up to Three Representatives at Each Session||$1800||$1500|
|Up to Six Representatives at Each Session||$2100||$1800|
|Individual Sessions per Individual||$180||$150|